The Faculty will select for admission those students who hold an entry-to-practice degree in pharmacy, demonstrate academic potential and also aptly display a motivation to study pharmaceutical sciences and exemplify the highest professional standards and ideals of a health care provider.
- To be considered for admission to the program, applicants must:
- hold current registration as a pharmacist in BC, or
- hold registration (Qualifying Examination) with the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada and be eligible for registration with the College of Pharmacists of BC. Students with questions regarding this eligibility are encouraged to contact the College.
- meet a minimum average of 65% on the last 30 credits of post-secondary education.
- demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency. Please refer to UBC's English Language Admission Standard.
Note: Because enrolment in the program is limited and competitive, applicants should be aware that satisfying the minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission but only ensures eligibility for selection. Such selection shall be solely within the discretion of the Faculty. In the selection of applicants, preference is given to well-qualified residents of BC who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Special consideration may be given to Indigenous applicants and applicants from under-represented areas of BC. The program will give consideration to new and experienced pharmacists who demonstrate their academic suitability in the admissions process.
Applications received with incomplete documentation or without the correct fees will not be processed. Late applications will not be considered.
- Additional Requirements:
- Supplemental Application:
- Proof of registration as a pharmacist in BC or eligibility for registration in BC.
- Personal Statement, outlining the applicant's professional practice, reasons for pursuing a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and how the program will benefit the applicant's practice of pharmacy (format provided in the application). Examples of work may be included to support the personal statement.
- Current résumé/curriculum vitae - including all pharmacy work experience.
- Interview for selected applicants.
Detailed information on admission requirements for all applicants is available from the Faculty.