The Department of Theatre and Film offers the program leading to the B.F.A. in Theatre Design and Production. Visit the Department for details about current offerings.
Students in the BFA in Theatre Design and Production must complete the Writing Component of the Writing and Research Requirement (please see the B.F.A. Degree Requirements) within their first 54 credits or, for transfer students, in the first Winter Session of study. Within the minimum of 120 total credits required for the program, students must also include the following courses:
27 credits comprising:
- THTR 120 or 130; THTR 150, and THFL 100
- THTR 205, THTR 250, and at least 3 credits of THTR 299
- 6 credits chosen from THTR 210, 211, 230, 245
- 3 credits of 100-level or 200-level CINE or FIPR
54 credits comprising:
- 9 credits of THTR 399 (normally completed in 3rd year)
- 9 credits of THTR 499 (normally completed in 4th year)
- 12 credits chosen from: THTR 301, 305, 306, 307, 308, 350, 352, 354, 356
- 12 credits chosen from: THTR 405, 406, 407, 408, 448, 450, 452, 454, 456, 469
- 12 credits of 300-level or 400-level THTR, CINE, FIPR or THFL
Students are advised to take courses in Art History, Visual Art, Music, or Creative Writing as electives.
Students interested in lighting and sound are particularly advised to take courses in Computer Science or Applied Science.
Courses may have prerequisites; students should consult the UBC calendar and an advisor when selecting courses.