The International Master of Business Administration (IMBA) is an international delivery of a modified MBA degree. The program may be delivered primarily or entirely outside of Canada. The program is designed to prepare graduates to analyze problems, make decisions, and to manage, motivate, and lead people and organizations. The program components include a foundation in business, integration, and advanced study in business.
Admission to the IMBA program is competitive and takes into consideration a variety of criteria: previous academic performance, GMAT/GRE test scores, professional experience, maturity, and fit.
Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum overall B+ average or 76% or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution. Admission to the program is competitive and generally requires an academic standing higher than the published minimum. Applicants with high GPA with quantitative backgrounds or relevant career training in quantitative areas can apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver, subject to approval of the admission committee.
Applicants must hold the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree. Three-year bachelor’s degrees are accepted from Australia, New Zealand, the U.K. and Europe. Additional details on acceptable international credentials are available here.
Applicants must present minimum GMAT or GRE score:
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test; or
- 155 GRE score on each of the verbal and quantitative sections.
Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must present evidence of English language proficiency. Tests must have been taken within the last 24 months at the time of submission of your application. Acceptable English language proficiency tests for the IMBA are:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 100 (Internet version)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): minimum overall band score of 7.0 with no component score less than 6.0
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery): minimum overall score of 84
- PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic): minimum overall score of 70
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Test) minimum overall score of 70
Applicants must present a minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from the bachelor’s degree.
Evaluation for admission is be based on academic records, Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores, full-time work experience, essays, & letters of recommendation. Applicants being seriously considered for admission will be contacted by the Robert H. Lee Graduate School for an interview either in person or by Skype or phone.
Upon accepting an offer of admission to the IMBA program, students will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit, which is applied to the first installment of tuition fees.
Completion of the IMBA program requires 37.5 credits of course work completed over 20 months of part-time study. This includes:
- Mandatory Orientation
- 12 credits of Foundational courses
- 6 credits of Integrated Courses, including a mandatory in-person 2 week long Professional Residency in Vancouver
- 19.5 credits of Advanced Courses
Each student’s coursework must be approved by the Robert H. Lee Graduate School. A complete list of the courses required for successful completion may be obtained from the Robert H. Lee Graduate School.
Global Learning Options
A variety of short study abroad and Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM) course options are available.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for academic policies.
Please contact the Robert H. Lee Graduate School for more information.