The Winter Session is divided into two terms: Term 1, generally from early September to late December (although some studies begin in August), and Term 2, generally from early January to the end of April (although some studies continue well into the month of May). During the Winter Session classes are offered in the evening as well as in the day.
First-day orientation program for all students registered in the programs listed below. On the first day of Winter Term 1, all classes are replaced by the Imagine UBC with the single exception of those classes that start at or after 5:00 pm and meet only once per week.
Programs participating in Imagine UBC:
- Applied Science: Bachelor of Applied Science
- Arts: All undergraduate programs except the Bachelor of Social Work
- Commerce and Business Administration: Bachelor of Commerce
- Dentistry: Bachelor of Dental Science in Dental Hygiene
- Education: Bachelor of Human Kinetics
- Forestry: All undergraduate programs
- Land and Food Systems: All undergraduate programs
- Science: All undergraduate programs
Term 1 of Summer Session begins in early May and continues through July. Term 2 of Summer Session begins in early July and ends in late August.
Many faculties offer distance education courses. Check the Student Service Centre for summer courses and scheduling.
Applicants to UBC
Applicants to undergraduate programs should refer to Application Deadlines for general and program-specific information.
Where an application deadline falls on a day the University is closed, applications will be accepted on the following working day. Offices are closed Saturdays and Sundays.
Note: all statutory holidays are subject to confirmation by UBC Human Resources.
Contact the respective faculty/program for confirmation of faculty/program-specific dates.