- I agree that my post-secondary grades may be released to UBC.
- I agree to notify the graduate program(s) to which I am applying of any additional post-secondary studies taken or registered courses from which I withdraw subsequent to the date of this application.
- I certify that information provided in written responses are accurate and my own.
- As per UBC Senate Policy, I confirm that I have disclosed all non-UBC post-secondary academic history information, including current coursework, incomplete degrees, and coursework taken under a non-degree designation.
- I understand that failure to disclose my full and complete post-secondary record is a serious matter and may result in disciplinary action.
- I agree that if I knowingly or carelessly provided untrue, incomplete or plagiarized information with this application then UBC may in its sole discretion do any or all of the following: (a) cancel my application; (b) withdraw any offer of admission, whether accepted or not; (c) require me to withdraw from UBC; (d) subject me to academic discipline; (e) share the information I provided with other post-secondary institutions, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties.
- I agree that UBC may verify the information provided by contacting any references provided and institutions attended.
- I agree that UBC may release my name to my previous institutions if I am a Scholarship recipient.
- I agree, if admitted to UBC, to be bound by the statutes, rules and regulations, and ordinances (including bylaws, codes, and policies) of the University of British Columbia, and of the faculty or faculties in which I am registered, and any amendments thereto which may be made while I am a student of the University, and that I may be subject to discipline or other consequences for failure to comply with the same.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Legal Authority: UBC collects, uses, retains and discloses personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), R.S.B.C. 1996, c.165, as amended, and the University Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c.468, as amended. Collection: During the admissions process, and throughout your university career, UBC will collect personal information from you for the purpose of carrying out its mandate and operations. Use: UBC will use your personal information for the purpose of carrying out its mandate and operations, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- making decisions about your academic status, including but not limited to admission, registration, academic progress, funding, and graduation
- providing you with ongoing service and assistance
- operating athletic, residential, alumni and other UBC-related programs and activities (including issuing UBC Card and U-Pass)
- other purposes authorized by the FIPPA
Disclosure: UBC may disclose your personal information, inside or outside Canada, as follows:
- within UBC to carry out its mandate and operations
- to the UBC Alumni Association for the purpose of registering individuals with the Association and to allow the Association to communicate with its members concerning UBC and Association initiatives, including fund-raising and marketing products and services
- to UBC student societies (such as UBC Alma Mater Society and Graduate Student Society) for the purpose of running elections, managing and communicating with their membership, and administering student programs (including the UBC Alma Mater Society and Graduate Student Society Health Plan)
- to other UBC student organizations to carry out their mandates
- for the purpose of graduate supervision and examination, including disclosure to your external supervisors and examiners as well as to members of the public who attend your doctoral defence
- to organizations providing financial support to you (such as student loan issuers, government sponsors, and research funding agencies)
- for the purpose of facilitating your educational or professional development activities, experiential learning activities, internships or other work/research placements
- to other educational institutions when necessary for academic purposes
- to professional organizations for membership and licensing purposes
- to the provincial government to carry out its mandate
- to entities participating in or operating UBC-related programs (e.g., U-Pass)
- to third parties for statistical and research purposes (e.g. to conduct surveys in order to gain feedback from students regarding their experiences at UBC)
- to Canadian immigration officials to expedite your visa processing and verification of student status in Canada
- for other purposes authorized by the FIPPA
For more information, contact the Registrar of the University of British Columbia.